Nintendo Life: The Descendants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Meeting... (Wolf)

2 posters

Go down

A Meeting... (Wolf) Empty A Meeting... (Wolf)

Post by DocTachyon Fri May 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Dexter Karafuru gazed out the window of a dingy third floor apartment building, gazing out into the extended gutters that were the streets. Filth and garbage littered the back alley, and a single, drunk hobo sat snoring on a piece of cardboard. Disgusting.
"I suppose this apartment is the definition of backwater..." Dexter mused, turning back to the room, and thus the door, awaiting his guest. To say the apartment was 'sparsely furnished' was an understatement. It was plain white, all throughout, without a singular speck of dust on the dull grey carpets. Sitting about a dozen feet from the door were the only pieces of furniture- Two metal chairs, facing each other, with a foldable plastic table between them. Dexter wondered if his visitor would like his selection of meeting ground. The cheapest apartment available, rented out for a week, only for the purposes of this meeting.
Dexter sat at the chair facing the doorway, sitting upright, straightening his coat. The man should be here soon. Dexter's eyes went to the table. Three manila file folders rested there, and Dexter selected the one on top, opening it and analyzing its contents for his dozenth time within the hour. At the top of the paper inside was the words "WOLF" in bold, black text. Most of the information on the sheet was blank. Real Name: Unkown. Birthdate: Unkown. Powers/Abilities: Unkown. It was a pattern Dexter didn't like. All he had on the man was urban legends. A killer with a rifle and a clawed gauntlet, the deadliest there every was. Dexter had spent days trying to research him- he came up blank. He had a feeling that even if he had greater resources, a research team, and months of time, he'd still come up with the same amount of information. Whoever this guy is, he was extremely careful to keep himself off the books. Or someone is making sure he stayed out of the books.
Dexter sighed, putting the folder into his lap, and waiting. The Wolf would be here soon.

DocTachyon

Back to top Go down

A Meeting... (Wolf) Empty Re: A Meeting... (Wolf)

Post by Mistdrake Fri May 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Wolf wasn't fond of this idea. He didn't like to have the advantage of being able to set up ahead of time, pick a place, get a feel for the area. Right now he was flying blind save for the intel that his employer had provide. That was why he was here, his employer had insisted on Wolf meeting with this individual. Wolf approached the door and did a quick check for any obvious traps. Either this kid was true to his word or really good. Putting a hand on his gun he slowly opened the door and entered the room.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by DocTachyon Fri May 15, 2015 2:18 pm

"The infamous Wolf." Dexter said as though a way of greeting, standing with a thin lipped smile on his face, one hand smoothing out his coat, simultaneously ensuring that said coat didn't show the outlines of his pistols.
"Expert Sniper, hand-to-hand combat expertise. Entirely off the books, too. Until a few days ago. I'm no assassin, but that job seemed... Sloppy. Lots of witnesses. Wasn't hard to find out about it. What was the girls name? Mina?" Dexter chuckled softly. That bit of opening speech had been preplanned in his head. The assassin should be wary of him, now. Just as he wanted.
Dexter made his way around the table, extending a hand to the assassin, noticing but making it a point not to care that the man's hand was on his weapon.
"For purposes of our interactions, I won't be called anything but D."

DocTachyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri May 15, 2015 3:06 pm

"So, my reputation proceeds me." Wolf says, entering the room. "Had I had my way, I wouldn't have been caught, but my employer is persistent." He took a seat across from the boy. "And before you get any ideas, any questions concerning the matter of my employer will not be answered. If at any point I feel like you're starting to dig too much, I will leave, or shoot you, or very well both." He reached into his coat and pulled out a manila envelope, much like the one's Dex had on his table. "And while I understand you want to remain confidential yourself, my employer is rather resourceful. I'll humor you and meet your request, but know I have a bit of knowledge on you as well."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by DocTachyon Sat May 16, 2015 7:39 am

Dexter chuckled softly.
"If you have information on me, then you know simply shooting me may not be the best course of action." Dexter reached into his coat, withdrawing a tiny red and white ball, silently placing it on the table. "Because, if you did, we both know that something very large and very angry would suddenly be released."
Dexter slightly straightened himself, going back to his seat.
"So, how much has your boss told you about this job, in advance? Or is that prying too much?"
((OOC: sorry for such a short post, I just woke up XP))

DocTachyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 17, 2015 3:49 pm

"He didn't say much. Just that you'd be handling most of the details." Wolf said, looking over the ball. "Interesting bit of tech you've got there. Imagine what the rest of the world would do if they found out such a thing really existed. I imagine there'd be a lot of change around here, especially if they saw what you were keeping in there." Wolf said with a pointed grin. "It'd be a real shame if news of something like that got out, but I doubt it would if things go swimmingly." He put his hands behind his head and leaned back in his chair. "So, what's the plan?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by DocTachyon Sun May 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Dexter chuckled softly. Even if the existence of Pokemon was leaked, pokeball or not, only Ancestors had the power to control them. That was one bit of information he'd be keeping to himself. This man seemed to be constantly attempting to one-up him. Dexter would need to maintain his superiority, it was one of the few ways to unsure this potential employee stayed in line...
"First assassin I've ever met who asks the plan before the target." Dexter remarked, selecting one of the file folders on the desk.
"This contains information about your target- Naomi Karafuru. The mission is to capture her, not to kill. She's an ancestor, like us. She descends from the ancients Red and Yellow. She has healing powers, though, those shouldn't be much of a problem. What may result in issues are her particular selection of... Team members. She has a small mouse-esque creature with lightning powers. It can't hit very hard, however you should be wary of it, because it is extremely agile, one of the fastest creatures I've seen. The other one that could be a problem is her... Dog. A very large dog. It's not as fast as the other one, but it can dish out extreme amounts of damage. It has fire powers, and I leave it to you to find an answer for those. She has one another team member, a small duck. As far as i can tell it poses no threat whatsoever, but I wouldn't under estimate it." Dexter then slid the folder over to Wolf.
"I encourage you to read that for a more comprehensive understanding of your target. Questions, thus far?"

DocTachyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Wolf glanced over the file a bit, taking in details and comparing them to what he knew. His employer had an impressive data base of successors that was always being updated and tweaked. Wolf chose not to say anything regarding the information concerning the...relationship between his employer and his target. "Nope, can't say I have any. Give me a time, place, and a how and I'll be in position and ready."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by DocTachyon Mon May 18, 2015 1:56 pm

"Wolves are hunters by nature, yes?" Dexter said, straightening himself further in the chair, brushing his already pristine coat with his other hand. He steepled his fingers on the desk in front of him, looking Wolf in the eyes.
"I am not a man who enjoys outsourcing his personal matters. But I am a killer, not a hunter. The reason I've hired you is because I can't find her. Otherwise I'd do the deed myself."
Dexter stood, saying "since this is more than a usual job, I have mobilized some financial resources for your disposal. This apartment has been purchased for a week of your use, if you are so inclined. I can facilitate payment for your gear repairs, which may be done in house, as well as provide logistical support if need be." Dexter then tapped the second folder.
"This folder contains details on potential whereabouts of your target, as well as further details on what I'm providing you with. It also contains a burner phone, which you will be using to contact me, and vice-versa."

DocTachyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Wolf took the phone and tucked it away before flipping through the folder himself. There were a few new and interesting details, along with some things he'd seen before. "She'll be found." Wolf said, closing the folder and standing up. "I will have my employer put his people on looking for her and I will do my own work. Though I must say, some people might call this an extreme way to end a sibling rivalry." Wolf smirked as he turned to leave the apartment.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by DocTachyon Mon May 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Dexter smiled softly, "Yes, I suppose it is." His grin grew wider, as he picked his Pokeball off the table, putting it back into his coat.
"Though I doubt more extreme than your relationship with... What do they call him? Fox? Nevermind." Dexter didn't actually know anything about someone called 'Fox', it was a calculated guess based on his knowledge of ancestors. Yet Dexters voice still radiated confidence, banking on the assumption.
He extended his hand to Wolf. "A pleasure to do business with you."

DocTachyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 18, 2015 9:03 pm

"You don't even know the half of it." Wolf said in response to the fox comment. He turned back towards D and grabbed the offered hand and pulled D close. "Don't think you're hot stuff kid. There are forces at play that you wouldn't ever understand. The deeper you dig, the more likely you are to die." He broke the handshake and maintained eye contact. "I'll find your sister for you. I'll meet you back here with her." He turned and left the apartment, leaving Dexter alone.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum