Nintendo Life: The Descendants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Parkside Soiree [Finished]

2 posters

Go down

A Parkside Soiree [Finished] Empty A Parkside Soiree [Finished]

Post by Avaritia Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 pm

After finally finding herself awake in her own familiar home, with Harvy whining by her side, Mina had decided that fresh air was what she needed most. She was hesitant to go back downtown at the moment in case she ran into Mr. Patchy again, so she instead grabbed one of Harvy's tennis balls and made her way to the park in an idle walk. Her headphones were blaring more quiet than usual now that she was on guard, but she came with a mission in mind. First, chase away any of the lasting grogginess. Second, find herself a successor or two to get on their good side. She was completely blindsided, and with Patchy's speal about successors, that probably wasn't a good thing. At the least, she'd be able to warn them about a gun-toting guy, at most, she'd have someone with more offensive experience to call for help if need be. Besides, she could use some less deadly entertainment in messing with them for a while. She had no idea how to actually tell normal folk from people of... her influences, but it didn't hurt to tempt fate.

Strolling into park grounds, she tossed the tennis ball through the treeline and watched her husky quickly dash after it, disappearing within the foliage. While waiting for him to come rushing back, she leaned against a heavy tree trunk and realized just how far into the park she'd wandered. There was the sight of, well, impressive parkside properties in the distance. Probably shouldn't let Harvy terrorize those people, once he comes back, we'll move to the pond. She decided, watching the trees as well as the area around her to see if any person or her dog showed themselves.

Last edited by Avaritia on Sun May 17, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Parkside Soiree [Finished] Empty Re: A Parkside Soiree [Finished]

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Jonathon hadn't really seen many dogs in the park. Granted, he just started visiting the park recently. He sipped his tea from the coffee cup he'd grabbed in his kitchen and watched it, looking for it's owner. Eventually he saw a girl that seemed to be watching the dog. Figuring no harm could be done, he wandered over to her, coffee cup still in hand. "Is that your dog?" He said, motioning in the direction of the dog.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu May 14, 2015 8:43 pm

A grin built on Mina's face as Jonathon approached. She hadn't noticed him before, but she didn't even seem to need to make an effort to approach him. As he voiced his question and motioned toward Harvy, the husky came dashing back and jumped, nearly tackling Mina if she hadn't dodged at the last moment. He spat out the tennis ball and with a wagging tail, he turned his attention toward Jonathon and began jumping, trying to greet the human by licking at his face and excitedly pawing at his shirt. "Does that answer your question?" Mina giggled. "He seems to like you... though, why are you asking about ownership? He didn't steal anything from you, did he?" Then, her voice lowered in a harsh whisper, "or are you trying to steal him?" She tried to make it threatening, to hide the slight fit of laughter in her stomach. The questioning was only to get a rise out of Jonathon, testing the waters to get a better grasp on his personality and reactions.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Jonathon chuckled and watched the dog. "No, I just hadn't seen too many dogs in this park recently and was surprised to see one. Wanted to make sure it belonged to someone and you were the first person I saw." He took a sip of his tea. "And no, he didn't steal anything and I have no intention of stealing him. I like dogs but lean more towards cats myself." He watched the dog a bit more then turned to Mina. "I'm Jonathon by the way, nice to meet you. And you are?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu May 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Respectable, to the point. He doesn't seem to mess around. So, the opposite of me. She concluded. "The name's Mina," she replied, "and the big lug is Harvy. I knew I shouldn't have taught him the whole 'Fetch a Stranger's Wallet' trick, but it does do well to keep me from the working world," it was a joke, but her serious face made it hard to discern. As always, she was trying to see if that tone made the joke fly right over his head. He didn't seem scared of Harvy, he was relaxed around her, a stranger, so it must be something else that could potentially get a rise. His personality intrigued her...
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 14, 2015 9:48 pm

"I bet that took a while." Jonathon replied rather deadpanned in tone. If Mina was paying attention she would notice the smirk growing on his face. "I'd imagine a dog his size would have difficulty getting his snout in pockets." He finished off his tea but had to hold onto the cup. Jonathon was getting some sort of strange vibe from her, perhaps she was a successor like those other people he'd recently met. "So, you play any video games?" He asked, hoping she'd take the hint.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Fri May 15, 2015 12:09 pm

"On occasion," Mina giggled, "that question came out of nowhere, so is there some sort of context to it? You looking for a second player or something? I also taught Harvy to be my second, but he's no fun because he only knows how to use the c-stick in Smash. He doesn't even move around." It seemed that she took the hint, but wasn't biting yet due to her over caution in regards to the whole successor thing.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri May 15, 2015 1:07 pm

"Now that's an impressive trick. Never gotten any pet I've owned to do much more then chew on the controller." Jonathon chuckled again. "I'm more of a single player guy myself. I just recently met a handful of interesting gamers myself." He said, referencing Xander, Bridgit and Jace. "In fact, I met them right around here just the other day. I figured there'd be no harm in asking."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Fri May 15, 2015 1:56 pm

"Yeah, they think with their teeth much more than their head, don't they?" Mina chuckled, tossing the tennis ball for Harvy again and watching him dash off. It did seem that Jonathon had been speaking in careful riddles himself, so she'd get more to the point, though being cryptic did seem fun. "Are the people you met... fond of any specific character? And if you play solo, are you?" He didn't seem to dangerous, and if he played his cards right, perhaps she'd show him a 'magic trick' to see his reaction.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 17, 2015 3:39 pm

"I'm a fan of tactical games. Fire Emblem is a stand out." Jonathon said, having recently started to put the pieces together about his ancestry. "I'm not sure if the others have any particular favorites, haven't had the chance to ask much from them yet. We only had a brief meeting recently, I'll probably meet with them again soon enough. What about you? Who's your favorite?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun May 17, 2015 6:43 pm

"Ah," Mina replied. "I like the fantasy aspect, but I was never very good at the whole strategy thing. I'm a Midna fan, myself. Well, fan is a strong word, but she's the character I... relate to the most. I'd love to meet the others some time." She suddenly paused, remembering her other goal. "Oh, yeah!" She said in sudden realization, "if you, ah, see them before I do, you might let then know there's a gun-toting guy out somewhere aiming for, uh, video game fans. He thinks he's some sort of pirate or something, since he wears an eyepatch, but I thought I'd spread the word." She eyed Jonathon curiously to see his reaction. She didn't really state if she was friend or foe to Mr. Patchy, nor how she knew the information.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Jonathon was intrigued, a bounty hunter looking for successors...and a pirate no less? Needless to say, it had Jonathon somewhat on edge. "I'll keep that in mind, seeing as your here I'm gonna assume you managed to get away." He said, he then fished through his pocket and pulled out his phone. "If you have a phone, I think that exchanging contact information would be a good idea. Especially if there's someone hunting people like us down, it's probably a good idea to keep in touch."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun May 17, 2015 9:13 pm

"Sounds like a fine idea to me," Mina smiled, fishing her own phone from her pocket just as Harvy reappeared and she tossed the ball for him once more so he'd be out of the way. She scrolled through her many, many contacts and found her own contact spot. Clicking it, she showed it to Jonathon long enough for him to record her number, since that was easier than just saying it outloud. Curiously enough, the contact name was listed as 'Draculina in the Flesh", and if Jonathon's curious gaze looked at her phone, he'd see nobody listed under their actual name. After making sure he copied down her number, she flicked up to the new contact and typed in "Oh Boyd". Looks like that was his new nickname. She glanced up at him, waiting to get his number.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Jonathon typed down her number and closed his own phone. Noticing his own nick name he just sighed and shook his head. Granted, it was an interesting idea to have nicknames for everyone, so long as she could remember them all. "Well, it was nice meeting you Mina, and you too Harvy." He said, smiling at the dog again. "I hate to cut things short, but I really should be going. I'm out of tea and I think I should warn some people about a certain one eyed bounty hunter. Be safe and text me if anything goes wrong, ok?" He said, patting her on the arm before turning and walking away.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum