Nintendo Life: The Descendants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina)

2 posters

Go down

Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina) Empty Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina)

Post by Mistdrake Sun May 17, 2015 10:01 pm

She was dreaming again. Ever since meeting that guy with the obsession with his hair, she'd been having strange dreams. Typically it was just a repeat of the first one she saw. Always the same evil looking man kidnapping the same girl from the same castle city. Tonight though, it was different. She was standing in a huge stone room with nothing but a pedestal with a sword in it. "What...?" She said in the dream as she approached the sword, as soon as she was about to touch it though, her view changed. She was now outside, downtown, standing in front of a building. "The museum?" She hadn't been there in years but she'd walked by it several times, then she woke up.

"I have to go there." She said, not quite sure that she was saying it. She stood up and got dressed, feeling her pointed ears and noticing the mark on her hand as she did so. "Here's hoping I can get in and find that sword. It's important for...something." Lydia still wasn't exactly sure what she saw or what it typically meant, but she knew that the sword was going to, hopefully answer some questions if she could find it. She made her way out of where she'd been sleeping for the night and headed downtown to the museum
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina) Empty Re: Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina)

Post by Avaritia Sun May 17, 2015 10:33 pm

No matter how much she was still hesitant about town, Mina needed money. Her means of earning money happened to be a guitar and passers-by, and downtown was the best place to find very generous and very drunken patrons who don't truly realize how much they're tipping. At this time of day, however, it was better to assume families were more present and wandering about, so she kept that in mind as she strummed her acoustic.

Starting up an intro, she tapped her foot to keep up with the beat and started easily strumming, working off of memory. Then, she began to sing to accompany her playing.

"It's taken a lifetime to lose my way
A lifetime of yesterdays
All the wasted time on my hands turns to sand
And fades in the wind.

Crossing lines, small crimes
Taking back what is mine.

I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
I'm right where I should be
Don't try and fix me.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Don't try and fix me."

She then began to strum a more complex tune as she worked up to the next set of lines, continuing the solo for half a minute before picking back up with her voice, inhaling deeply before continuing on and reverting back to a guitar chord similar to the first one she'd been using.

"Isolation
Hesitation
Separation
Revelation.

I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Don't try and fix me.
I'm fine in the fire
I feed on the friction
Don't try and fix me."

Finishing up the song and the playing, Mina was suddenly struck with the oddest of feelings. It was as if she suddenly had something to do, was drawn to something. Looking up, it didn't take long to see just what was causing it. A little ways away was a girl with pointed ears, of all things, who seemed to be going somewhere in a hurry. Well, looks like I'm going there too. Mina decided, following the feeling deep in her gut. Sitting up, she pocketed any tips she may have received in her open guitar case and placed the instrument gently back in its protective casing, clasping it shut, and slinging it over one shoulder. She then flicked her ready headphones on and listened to her familiar serenade of rock tunes as she approached Lydia.

Matching her pace so that she's stroll alongside the girl, Mina's face was plastered with a mischievous smile as she didn't say a word, just kept pace as if it were normal for her to walk alongside the girl in silence. Glancing back toward her, Mina did what she enjoyed most, waiting for a reaction.

(Oh, and Here [link] is the acoustic version of the song she sung, if you want to hear a reference for tune and such ;3)
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina) Empty Re: Dangerous to Go Alone(Lydia and Mina)

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 18, 2015 10:18 am

Lydia saw the other girl walk up alongside her, but was too focused on going towards the museum. When she finally made it to the building she stopped outside and started to figure out her next move. "Can I help you?" She said, turning to look at the girl with the guitar. "Because unless you want something, I need to figure out a way to get in that museum...I think..." Lydia held up her hand to the building and noticed that the mark on the back of it started to glow. "Yeah...I need to get in there."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Mon May 18, 2015 8:46 pm

"Nah," Mina replied to Lydia's initial question, but watching her ponder the chances of getting into the building, as well as the sudden glow on the back of the girl's hand, she had a better idea of her purpose in all of this. "Cross gender, huh?" she murmured thoughtfully, more to herself than Lydia, noticing that the glowing symbol signified the courage portion of the Triforce, if her knowledge of the thing was to be believed. "But I can help you," she hummed, louder so Lydia could properly hear her.

Cocking her head to the side in thought, Lydia's appearance was enough to convince Mina that the girl was either a descendant or a very good but very confused costume enthusiast. She whistled innocently as she walked to the nearest window, peering inside to see that no one was immediately in the hall that rested on the other side of the glass. She tested the thick pane, and was unsurprised to find it firmly shut and locked. Guess I'll have to be more creative. She concentrated, focusing on the hallway and slowing her breath. With a steady gaze and extreme focus, darkness began to build inside the museum and condense, almost taking a life of its own. It lifted and began to pulse a cyan blue rune-like pattern across it as it rested on the building's ceiling.

Turning toward Lydia, Mina tipped an imaginary hat at the girl and gestured toward the newly created portal. "M'lady," she said with mock chivalry. "Whenever you're ready, just make it quick if you're in shock. I don't mean to rush you, but I'd rather... have it opened for a little as possible, if you may." She held her hand out toward the girl, waiting for her to take it. Once she did, she'd be able to bring both herself and Lydia through the portal with her Twilight magic.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 pm

"Wait, what?" Lydia said in response to Mina saying she could help. She followed the other girl over to the window. "What are you doing?" Lydia asked as Mina began to touch the window. "The hell!" She backed away when the portal opened up. "How...How did you do that? That's not possible." She said, feeling the mark on her hand begin to burn and felt a pull towards the portal. "Alright Miss...whoever you are. I'm gonna go through that, but you're gonna come with me. You got that?" She said, stepping closer to the portal and trying to make sense of it.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Mon May 18, 2015 10:27 pm

"Will do," Mina replied, wasting no time in grabbing Lydia's hand and allowing the magic to consume the two of them and after a brief moment in limbo, deliver the two inside of the museum standing in the still-empty hallway. Once she was sure that she was there all in one piece, Mina focused her abilities again and destroyed the portal, watching it scatter in a flurry of dark pixels and glowing, blue energy. She was grinning at Lydia's outburst. The girl's appearance had made it seem as if she had experience with her abilities, but by the reaction and the way her eyes lit with apprehension, it wasn't the case. "Well, we're inside now," she hummed cheerfully, "what exactly did you need from a dingy place like this, anyway? If it sounds like fun, I might help you with the rest of it."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 pm

"I'm not quite sure." Lydia said, still trying to get her bearings straight after being teleported. "I...it's a sword. It's in a big room somewhere in here. At least, I think that's where it is. That's where this thing seems to think it is." She held up her hand, showing the glowing mark that was getting even brighter and warmer. "So, if you have any short cuts to such a room, that'd be really nice. If not, I'm gonna start looking for that room now." She said as she started to make her way into the rest of the museum.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Tue May 19, 2015 4:30 pm

"Sorry, I can only open portals in places I'm currently in," Mina shrugged, "and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a sword room anywhere near here. After Lydia acknowledged the Triforce, Mina's gaze found it once more, and curiosity got the better of her. "When did the Triforce appear for you, anyway? I assumed you'd be used to this sorta stuff from the looks of you, but that doesn't seem to be true." She was humming the James Bond theme softly as she followed Lydia through the museum, and her voice was hushed. Even if there didn't seem to be anybody around, there was always security to be watchful of. She'd beat a hasty retreat if need be, so she stuck close to Lydia in case she needed to get the girl out with her.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue May 19, 2015 5:17 pm

"It's a recent development." Lydia said, regarding the triforce. "It just sort of showed up a few days ago with the ears." She continued, running her hand along the wall as she searched for something. Eventually she entered a rather bland and empty room, a few inconsequential artifacts of the cities history. Despite that, the triforce was burning even warmer in this room. "It's in here. I know it is." She began to scour the room before getting to the back wall. Placing her hand on it a symbol appeared on the wall. "What?" She couldn't explain it, it was a triforce with a pair of wings beneath it, somehow she recognized this symbol and knew it was very important. "Hey, you have any idea what this is or how to get through here?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu May 28, 2015 4:57 pm

"Mmm, interesting," Mina hummed, in regards to Lydia's explanation about her appearance. She herself was curious if this was a thing that eventually happened to all successors. I kinda hope not, she pondered, as interesting as it'd be, I don't think I want my hair to glow. It's too short for a ponytail. She giggled at the thought and absentmindedly swept her gaze across the museum hallways. She followed Lydia into the room but didn't feel anything particular on her end. Perhaps if the Mirror of Twilight was somehow buried underneath or the Fused Shadow was somehow laying in a display case she'd have felt anything, but that was not the case and neither of the items were present. Just a bland room.

Mina cocked her head at the symbol that had suddenly began to form. "You don't play many video games, do you?" Mina asked with a chuckle, "you probably should... that's the Hylian Crest, proud symbol of the Triforce and such. As for getting through, I haven't a clue... you don't happen to know how to play an instrument, do you?" Her thoughts fell toward the games, typically the hero would have to play the Song of Time or something similar... Mina just shrugged and her guitar materialized in her hands. She held it up, "I have a guitar if you happen to play," her voice was wrung with doubt, though.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 28, 2015 8:55 pm

"Hylian Crest huh..." Lydia said, admiring the symbol on the wall. She placed a hand on it and felt her triforce begin to glow a bit brighter. "I didn't have the chance to play a lot of video games. My childhood was...rough, to say the least." She turned and looked at Mina. "I've never been much of a music person, I've always tried to solve problems with my fist." She pulled her arm back and punched the wall with her triforce hand, nothing happened though. "Damn...I was hoping that'd do something." She said, holding her bruised knuckles. "So, do you know that song?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Mina chuckled at Lydia's attempt, genuinely curious if a fist could be the 'instrument' of the current hero. As interesting as it'd be, it proved ineffective. "I don't know it off the top of my head," Mina replied, "so give me a minute or two." With that said, she swung the guitar strap around her and fished a pick out of her pocket. She began testing a couple of chords until she hit the right ones, working off of ear. Soon, she was able to strum the Song of Time. Glancing at the symbol, there was still no change. It had to be Lydia to open the door. "Well, an ocarina might have been an easier instrument... or even a kazoo. Heh, magical kazoo of the Hero. That'd be awesome." She held the guitar out to Lydia and undid the strap, offering for her to take it. "Gotta work with what we have, though, I'll walk you through the right notes."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Lydia held her fist as she watched Mina make an attempt. "Ugh, I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I've never touched an instrument in my life." It didn't matter though, she took the guitar anyway. She let out a long sigh as she put the strap over her shoulder and held the guitar. "Here goes..." She muttered, closing her eyes and putting her hands where she thought they should go. The triforce on her hand began to glow and instinct took over, she began to strum. Perfectly she played the instrument, even better then Mina had. The glowing on her hand stopped and the royal insignia on the wall began to glow. With a flash the wall disappeared revealing a large room on the other side. "Whoa...I have no idea how that worked..." She said, handing the guitar back to Mina. She walked into the room, moving towards the sword that stood at it's center, just like her dream. "So, this is where it was." She grabbed the sword and pulled it free. "This is it. It all makes sense now." She turned to Mina, the triforce on her hand and the blade of the master sword glowing. "Hello Mina, I'm Lydia, and it looks like I'm the new Hero of Time."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:40 pm

"Nice to meet you, Lydia," Mina replied with a wry smile. "I'm Mina, disgruntled princess of Twilight. I just hope you can't sing to top off your instrument playing, that was flawless." It was strange, to state her title so casually. It also slightly stung, though she did not particularly like the fact that she was what she was, there was still the fact that her world didn't truly exist. She descended from someone who didn't belong in the world of light, but to her knowledge, there was no land of Twilight. No kingdom for her to supposedly 'rule'. Didn't have much of a choice, though, least Lydia seems happy to finally understand what's going on. Stashing the guitar on her back, she eyed the Master Sword with keen interest, truly intrigued with the fact that it was hidden away at a museum of all places... She eyed the handle in particular. Usually the Master Sword isn't fully awakened in these sorts of situations, weird to see it in person... "Glad you finally found yourself. So, uh, what now?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:52 pm

"I didn't even know I could play guitar." She said, finding that a hilt for her sword had appeared strapped across her chest. Putting the sword away she walked back down to where she stood. "So yeah, singing is out of the question." She glanced over her shoulder at the sword, seeing that the guard was collapsed in, she didn't know exactly what that meant, but part of her said it meant the sword wasn't yet in it's final form. "I don't really have anything, so what about you. You having any weird dreams or prophetic visions of something you should be doing?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 pm

"Already done in the dreams department," Mina chuckled, "as for visions: I hope to God not. I don't think I'd be the most reliable spiritual guide or whatever it is that I'd be if I were getting visions. I do, however, have some reconnaissance planned..." her thoughts turned toward Wolf. Despite the fact that it seemed dangerous, he had piqued her curiosity, and she wasn't keen on the fact that he knew things about her but she knew nothing of him. Sucks that most of my abilities are passive, I'd love some better self defense... I missed out on all the good ones so far. Levitation, Telekinesis, Shadow Walking. Must be because I haven't really needed to fight anything so offensive techniques didn't really show themselves.

She turned her head toward some slight noise in the museum's hallway. Most likely, a security guard doing their rounds. "We should probably focus on getting out of here, first. Y'know, and maybe close that," she gestured toward the still opened wall, "if you can. I like low profiles." That, and Patchy probably doesn't know about Lydia considering she didn't even seem to know about herself... we probably don't want to alert anyone about the Hero's sudden appearance and such.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Lydia looked at the hole in the wall that didn't seem to be going away. "I...I don't know how to undo that. I'm not even sure how I did it in the first place." She looked back at Mina and had a rather confused look on her face. "I say we just get out of here before anyone notices. Hopefully they'll just set it up as some new exhibit or something." She said, looking back into the room. "Think you could open another one of those portal things."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum